Create an External Report from Tableau
This article will show you how to create an External Report that displays data from your Tableau server.
2. Define the basics
- Give your new report a Name
- Define whether you want report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automatic Collection, define the following settings:
- Define the Report Image Trigger from drop-down list
- Select an existing Plugin Connection Profile
- Select a Tableau Worksheet available for that connection profile
- Click Next: define details to proceed with Report creation
3. Full Report Editor displays for further option selections
- Select if you want to link directly to your Tableau Worksheet or if you want to view the Worksheet withing Metric Insights. If viewing within Metric Insights, you can adjust the viewing defaults
- Most of these fields will be completed based on your New Report entries. Adjust as required
- [Version 5.6] Newer versions of MI will allow you to Pre-select your Filters here. See Pre-filtering BI tools (External Reports)
- Your URL will be built for you automatically
- Save and collect image to create the Preview and Thumbnail images for display on the Homepage and Notifications.