External Report Auto Synchronization for Tableau
The Auto Synchronization functionality automates creation of External Reports from the Tableau's objects and simplifies the process of updating existing External Reports. This article shows how to set Auto Sync for Tableau External Reports and describes all specific details of Auto Syncing for Tableau plugin.
For Tableau, the system pulls Workbook Names, Descriptions, Tags, and Owners during synchronization.
NOTE: To be able to pull this data, Include metadata under Optional Tableau Parameters in Data Source Editor must be set to "true".
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources and click the Tableau Data Source Active Name link to open the Data Source Editor
In the Info tab:
- Activate the Enable Content Auto Synchronization toggle
- Parent Category: Choose the Parent Category where External Reports are synced
- External Report Template: Choose the Template from the drop-down menu
In Tableau Objects tab:
- [Refresh List & Sync Content] updates the Objects list and creates new External Reports placing them into the Category selected in Info tab
- [Run History] provides data on all previous sync runs
NOTE: Each new automatically created External Report is named after the object of its origin.
Metric Insights creates one element per Tableau Workbook. They are stored in the Elements tab of Tableau Data Source Editor.
To check the synced External Reports access their assigned Category from Content > Categories. The External Reports are listed in the Elements tab.