Docker Deployment (Simple Installer)
This article will detail how to setup and install a Metric Insights dockerized application.
In order to deploy Metric Insights using simple installer, the host must have the following software installed:
Simple installation architecture
If you are using a firewall on the Linux machine, the following ports are necessary for Metric Insights to work correctly:
- 80 - provides HTTP access to the UI Application Service (by default redirection to 443)
- 443 - provides HTTPS access to UI
- 2550 - TCP port for Data Processor cluster
- 3306 - MySQL port to get access from outside
- 8080 - HTTP port for REST API Data Processor Service (only one port is enabled at one time)
- 8443 - HTTPS port for REST API Data Processor Service
1. Connect to the server by ssh
- Use ssh firstname.lastname@example.org and replace the zeros with the server IP address.
- When prompted, enter the root password provided by your IT specialist.
2. Download the MI app installation package
- Depending on the version, you will be given a link to the corresponding MI app installation package.
- Along with the link, Username and Password will be provided by the MI support team; enter these credentials into the respective fields.
- Confirm your agreement with the Terms and Conditions of the Metric Insights usage.
- Click [Submit].
This will initiate the download process of the .tar.gz archive (containing all files required to install the system).
3. Package Overview
- subfolder with basic /opt/mi directory structure that will be overwritten by next update
- a file with specified components versions
- a subfolder with binary data and miscellaneous data (such as dependencies list and credentials for pulling docker images from docker.metricinsights.com by Installer in case with Lite type of package)
- the main executive file that initializes the Metric Insights installation process
- folder containing common libraries used by installer.py
- also has third-party libraries
4. Operating Systems Supported
6.0 docker-compose Version is restricted by Debian 7. Libc issue.
This version can be used on all supported Operating Systems (any OS with Linux kernel >= 3.10).
5. Initiate the installation process
By default, it is enough to run ./installer.py and after a few minutes you can get access to Metric Insights.
NOTE: This command can only be used by a root user.
5.1. Basic console commands
Not all tools will be installed with all components, each component has only: mi-version and mi-control. All of these tools become accessible only if the Web Component is installed.
5.2. The list of arguments that can be used during installation
./installer.py --restrict-access mysql,dataprocessor
This way only UI can be accessible from outside.