Docker Deployment (Simple Installer)
This article will detail how to setup and install the most basic Docker deployment available in 6.x
In order to deploy Metric Insights using simple installer, the host must have the following software installed:
Simple installation architecture
If you are using a firewall on the Linux machine, the following ports are necessary for Metric Insights to work correctly:
- 80, 443 - HTTP and HTTPS ports for the UI Application Service (by default redirection to 443)
- 2550 - TCP port for the Data Processor cluster
- 2551 - TCP port for the Seed Node Service
- 3306 - MySQL port to get access from outside
- 8080, 8443 - HTTP and HTTPS ports for the REST API Data Processor Service (only one port is enabled at one time)
1. Connect to the server by ssh
ssh firstname.lastname@example.org replace the x's with the server IP address.
- When prompted, enter the server's root password
2. Download the MI app installation package
- Depending on the version, you will be given a link to the corresponding MI app installation package.
- Along with the link, Username and Password will be provided by the MI support team; enter these credentials into the respective fields.
- Confirm your agreement with the Terms and Conditions of the Metric Insights usage.
- Click [Submit].
This will initiate the download process of the .tar.gz archive (containing all files required to install the system).
3. Package Overview
- subfolder with basic /opt/mi directory structure that will be overwritten by next update
- a file with specified components versions
- a subfolder with binary data and miscellaneous data (such as dependencies list and credentials for pulling docker images from docker.metricinsights.com by Installer in case with Lite type of package)
- the main executive file that initializes the Metric Insights installation process
- folder containing common libraries used by installer.py
- also has third-party libraries
4. Supported Operating Systems
Metric Insights 6.x can be used on all supported Operating Systems (any OS with Linux kernel >= 3.10)
5. Initiate the installation process
By default, it is enough to run ./installer.py and after a few minutes you can get access to Metric Insights.
NOTE: This command can only be used by a root user.
5.1. Basic console commands
Not all tools will be installed with all components, each component has only: mi-version and mi-control. All of these tools become accessible only if the Web Component is installed.
5.2. The list of arguments that can be used during installation
./installer.py --restrict-access mysql,dataprocessor
This way only UI can be accessible from thе outside.