Using Favorites Editor to Maintain Favorites
Favorites Editor provides a central place to control all the features available for Favorites and control how these Favorites are displayed in your Digests. This article will provide an over-view of those functions and links to further details as required.
1. Access My preferences > My favorites
- From My Favorites screen you can manage your folders, preview them, or send a test email notifying you on any updates on the items included to these folders.
For details, see Requesting a 'Daily' Favorites Digest
- To add a new Favorites Folder, click [+ New Favorite Folder]
1.1. Adding a New Favorite Folder
- Enter a Display name (title) for your new folder. This name must be unique to your Homepage.
- Indicate if you would like this folder to be included in the Favorites Digest which you can have emailed to you. If you select ‘yes’, an additional choice appears below.
- Optional. You can select to have the Digest generated when one of two situations occurs:
- Element update: Digest will be generated on a Daily Basis if at least one element has been changed.
- Date Collection Trigger Completion: Digest will be generated based on completion of certain events.
In either case, only those elements which have been ‘updated’ since your last digest was produced will be included in your digest(s).
2. Adding or Deleting Elements from an existing Favorites Folder
Click on the name of a folder that you have ability to Maintain. This could be either a Personal Favorite or a Shared Favorite where you have been granted 'Ability to Maintain Contents'.
If you select this option for a folder that you cannot maintain, only a listing of existing elements will display without the add or delete options
2.1. View List of Elements and optionally add or delete elements
4. To copy all elements from one folder to another (Duplicate)
Select the 'Duplicate' icon to display the Pop-up
4.1. Complete the 'Duplicate Favorite' pop-up
- Assign a unique folder name
- Choose if you want to duplicate the list of Users and Groups that currently Share the folder or re-assign manually
For more information on this function, please see Duplicate an entire Shared folder automatically