End-of-Life for Metric Insights v5.x
The v6 architecture of Metric Insights has been available for over 2 years. It is mature, stable, and the vast majority of Metric Insights customers are running v6 in production.
Metric Insights v6.0.1, the GA release of v6, was introduced April 1, 2019. We stopped investing in the v5.x architecture with the release of 6.1.0 about 1.5 years ago.
Support for v5.x will officially end on September 1, 2021.
This will roughly coincide with the release of v6.3.0, which is expected in September. Release notes for v6.3.0 will be available under the respective chapter along with the rest of v6.x release notes that outline all the improvements that have been introduced over these 2 years.
- Dozens of major new features like:
- Global Search (Google for your reports)
- Custom Fields
- Data Lineage
- Governance Definitions
- Reporting Enhancements
- Advanced Portal Pages with Git Sync
- And so much more
- Architectural Enhancements:
- Docker Deployment providing better security, eliminating the need to manage Linux packages, and enabling horizontal scalability.
- The Data Processor: a re-architecture of how we process and store data in Metric Insights, allowing for higher volumes of data to be ingested.
- Data Storage supporting Microsoft SQL Server for larger datasets and greater scalability. Snowflake support coming in 2021.
We are looking forward to having you on this improved architecture. Work with our support team ([email protected]) if you need assistance in the transition to v6.