Setting Element's Discoverability
The Discoverability feature grans Admins an ability to allow Users to see those tiles on the Homepage that they do not have Permission to view. Users then can submit an Access Request and Admins and privileged Power Users can grant them access via the Access Request screen.
The system will default to standard "Access Denied" message if no customization has been set up. See Adding Document Links on Access Denied Message article for more information.
Access Element Editor and open the Advanced tab
- Activate the Make Discoverable to Users Without Access toggle switch to expose optional fields
- Additional fields are made available for optional changes
Since not all Groups need to see all Discoverable content as it is not relevant to them, it is possible to restrict Discoverability to certain User Groups for an entire Category.
Access Admin > System > System Variables
- Set Search to "Access Requests & Discoverability" to limit grid display
- Find RESTRICT_DISCOVERABLE_CONTENT Variable
- Click gear icon to open popup and set variable to "Y'
- [Commit Changes]
Access Content > Categories click the Category's Active Name Link to open the Editor
- Open Discoverability tab (this tab will not display unless System Variable is set)
- Content will be discoverable to the following Groups: Select "Selected Group" option
- [+ Add Groups] to open popup
- Select Groups via check boxes and [+ Add Selected]