FTP Connections Security/Sharing
The Security Model is configured to allow the Create FTP Connections Privilege to be granted to Power Users. Beginning 6.2.5, Power Users can create and share a Connection with Groups that the PU has Permission to Edit or to which User belongs as well as to individual PU and RU Members of those Groups
The revised Create FTP Connections Privilege allows PU's to:
- Access the FTP list page and manage Connections that this user creates
- (New in 6.2.5) Share the Connection with Groups that the PU has Permission to Edit or to which User belongs as well as to individual PU and RU Members of those Groups
- Share a Connection with other users who may select it when creating or editing a Burst
Without at least Use Access to a FTP Connections, users with Create Burst Privilege will not be able to use a FTP Connection to store a Burst's output to a server. Members of Groups as well as other PU's/RU's with whom the Connection has been shared can use it for Bursts.
There are no user Permissions associated with a FTP Connection. Only the creator or an Admin may Edit a Connection or Share it with others. Power Users must have the Privilege in order to create or edit a Connection. Sharing a Connection is the same as having "Use Access" to it.
1. Admin: Grant FTP Connections Privilege to a Power User: Admin > Groups & Users > Users tab > Name link > User Editor > Info tab > + Privilege to User
- [+ Privilege to User]
- Select "Create FTP Connections"
1.1. Without Privilege: Burst Editor > Content tab
Without this Privilege, FTP check box on the Burst Editor is blurred and has hover text that prompts the User to contact an Admin to request this Privilege.
1.2. With Privilege
Once the PU has the "Create FTP Connection", Privilege, the Power User must create a Connection in order to store the contents of a Burst on the associated server. The PU may create more than one Connection. This is only used as a destination to store the contents of a Burst.
1.2.1. Create FTP Connection: Admin > FTP Connections > List Page > + FTP Connection
- Define the server credentials
2. Share an FTP Connection
(Admin): Admin menu > Distribution > FTP Connections > active Name link > FTP Editor
(Power User): Admin menu > FTP Connections > active Name link > FTP Editor
- Share with Groups
- Admin: Choose any Group
- PU: Choose only those Groups of which the PU is a member or to which the PU has Edit Access
- Share with Users
- Admin: Choose any Power or Regular User
- PU: Choose only those Power or Regular User who are members of Groups of which the PU is a member or to which the PU has Edit Access
Only Users who inherit Use Access or who receive it directly can use the FTP Connection when creating a Burst. Use Access is acquired ONLY by Sharing via the FTP Connection Editor.