Connecting Slack App to Metric Insights
This article details how to establish connectivity between a Slack App and a Metric Insights Server.
Access Admin > Distribution > Microsoft Teams > Chatbot tab
Set Microsoft ID of azure active directory to "false".
To establish connectivity between Slack and Metric Insights, enter the Slack App credentials in the Metric Insights.
Note: Refer to the Obtain Slack App Credentials section of this article to see where Slack App credentials are obtained.
Specify the following:
- App Credentials: available on the Slack App configuration page under Settings > Basic Information
- Access Tokens: available on the Slack App configuration page under Features > OAuth & Permissions
Slackbot Share Proxy URL: replace the hostname with your own and leave this part of the URL
- Slack Event Subscription URL: is generated automatically
- [Sync Chatbot]
To get Slack App credentials:
- Go to https://api.slack.com/apps
- Select the App
- Access Basic Information > App Credendials
- Copy all of the App Credentials
- Access Features > OAuth & Permissions
- Copy OAuth Tokens for Your Workspace
- Channel syncing will display your Slack Workspace Channels in Metric Insights
- MI User Groups must be linked to Slack Channels to allow data sharing
- Users who are not members of the respective Groups will be restricted from sharing MI content in Slack Channels
NOTE: Private channels are not synced until the MI application is invited to the private channel on the Slack side.
To learn more about managing access for MI Groups, go to MI Slack App Security.
Access the Channels tab
In the Slack Integration Editor:
- Open the Channels tab
- Click [Synchronize Channels]
- Optionally, define a Default Access Group to make this group's tiles available for sharing across all the synchronized Slack channels
- Select a channel to open its Slack Channel Editor where you can view Channel Members and specify which MI Groups will have access to these Channels