External Report Auto Synchronization for Qlik Sense
The Auto Synchronization functionality automates creation of External Reports from the Qlik Sense objects and simplifies the process of updating existing External Reports. This article shows how to set Auto Sync for Qlik Sense External Reports and describes all specific details of Auto Syncing for Qlik Sense plugin.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources and click the Qlik Sense Data Source Active Name link to open the Data Source Editor
In the Info tab:
- Activate the Enable Content Auto Synchronization toggle
- Parent Category: Choose the Parent Category where External Reports are synced
- Select the Mirror Folder Hierarchy in Qlik Sense checkbox to automatically create subcategories and mirror the structure in Qlik Sense
- The hierarchy of categories is based on on metadata (stream)
- External Report Template: Choose the Template from the drop-down menu
In Qlik Sense Objects tab:
- [Refresh List & Sync Content] updates the Objects list and creates new External Reports placing them into the Category selected in Info tab
- [Run History] provides data on all previous sync runs
NOTE: Each new automatically created External Report is named after the object of its origin.
Metric Insights creates one element per Qlick Sense Application. They are stored in the Elements tab of Qlik Sense Data Source Editor.
To check the synced External Reports access their assigned Category from Content > Categories. The External Reports are listed in the Elements tab.