What options are available for manually loading metric and report data?
If the data for your metric or report is only available in Excel file, you can load this data using the following options:
- Upload from a CSV version of the file from your local machine
- Key Entry of Manual Metrics using the Add Metric Value pop-up (for metrics ONLY)
You can select an option based on the characteristics of the file that contains your data. Each option can be used for both Dimensioned and Undimensioned elements. Each method is further explained below and any technical restrictions are identified.
Note: New in Version 5.0, the concept of Datasets was introduced. This functionality allows you to download files from various Data Sources, such as Tableau and QlikView, into a format that can directly provide data to both Metrics and Reports. For more information, see Understanding Datasets
1. Load from a file
2. Load Metric Data using manual data entry
- Dynamically adapts to to both Dimensioned and Undimensioned Manual Metrics
- Measurement Values are entered one at a time for each Measurement time for a period determined by the Metric's Measurement Interval; for example, Daily, Weekly
For more information, see Enter Metric Data Manually