Upload Metric Data Using CSV
If the data for your Metric is to be collected manually, you can uploaded it as a CSV file (delimited by a comma or other character).
This feature is available for:
- Windows OS
- Mac OS (save your Excel file as a CSV file to use this method)
CSV file requirements:
- If you are uploading data for Undimensioned Metric or only one Dimension Value of the Dimensioned Metric, confirm that the CSV file that you plan to use contains only two columns: Measurement Date/Time and Measurement Value
- If you are uploading data for multiple Dimension Values, make sure that the CSV file that you plan to use contains three columns: Dimension Value, Measurement Date/Time and Measurement Value
If you are uploading data for Compound Dimension Values, see Creating Compound Dimensions using Selected Values for details
If you are uploading data for Parent/Child Dimension Values,see Collect Values Manually for a Child Dimension for details
1. Access New > Metric
Define the basic Metric information:
- Select the appropriate Measurement Interval and Measure of value from the drop-down lists
- Since we are creating a dimensioned Metric, select the required Dimension form the drop-down list below. For more instructions refer to: Creating Dimensions
- Name: The system automatically generates name based on the values selected in the fields above, however, you can change it to a unique descriptive name of your choice
Next: define details
2. Complete details and load data
- Choose 'Manual/CSV Data' as a Data Source In the Data Source field select 'Manual/CSV Data' option from the drop-down list
- Click Load data
The Manual Metric Data Entry Editor opens.
3. At the bottom of the page click 'Load from file'
- This field is shown for Dimensioned Metrics only. Select if you want to upload CSV file with data for all Dimension Values; alternatively, select a specific Dimension from the list.
- Click Load from file
The Load from file pop-up opens
4. Loading CSV file for a Dimensioned Metric
- Load data for: select whether or not you are uploading data for one Dimension Value (in this example, multiple Product Category values are being uploaded) or multiple Dimension Values.
- If you are uploading only one Dimension Value data, select the Dimension Value from the drop-down list
- Confirm that the Delimiter character is the same as in your CSV file
- Choose the format in which the date/time is represented in your CSV file
- Select the CSV file containing your data from your local machine
Once the required file is browsed, click Import.
5. Review Results
NOTE: If any errors are encountered in the CSV file, the system will provide you with information on the issues occurred
- Click OK to close the results pop-up
- Click Cancel to close the Load from File pop-up
6. Review uploaded data in the grid
- If you are ready to generate the Manual Metric chart, click Update live chart. Note that the option of making the Metric visible On Homepage is already activated by default; deactivate if you do not want to display the Metric on the Homepage
- If not, click Metric editor to continue entering settings