The Share function
Metric Insights provides a convenient means to share charts and associated information about them with other MI Users or even people outside of the MI system. Examples describe this simple process.
NOTE: Setting the Notifications to OFF on the My Notifications screen does not apply to the Share function; you will still be able to receive emails on elements or collaborative data that others have shared with you. Also, even if notifications are off, you can receive notifications related to Favorites and Bursts upon request by clicking Send now in the corresponding tab . For more information, see My Notifications - Overview.
1. Example of using Share option when adding a Comment in News View
1.1. Example from the Chart Viewer
- Click 'Share' to open pop-up
2. 'Share with these users' pop-up
- You can also limit this display by Group
- You can also limit the choices by entering a portion of a user name or email address
3. Complete pop-up to include as many User as you like
- Click on a name to add or select 'All'
- You can review your choices - and optionally, click 'X' to remove a name
- Select Share to return to Chart or Collaborative View
3.1. To share with folks outside of Metric Insights system
- Enter the entire email address of those not within your Metric Insights system
- Click on the 'Add' icon
4. 'Post comment' to complete
5. Example of Notification E-Mail to User with Access to the Element
- Link will take you to the Chart Viewer for the element
6. System security is used to limit access if necessary
User did not have authority to access this element