Delivering a Burst via FTP or a Shared Drive
This feature enables users to post content to FTP and Shared Drives.
Version 5.2.1 allows to set up and manage Bursts via FTP and/or a Shared Drive in addition to, or instead of, sending them via email.
- Users must have "Create FTP Connections " Privilege to be able to create and edit FTP connections.
- Shared Drive can be created by the Admin only.
Create and Send Burst via FTP/Shared Drive
Once an FTP connection/Shared Drive is added, it becomes available for Bursting and will be displayed in the FTP/Drive Location dropdown of the Burst Editor
- Name and define content of your new Burst
- Choose a Schedule
- Select the FTP server Location/Shared Drive
- Select Filetype
- Save and Enable your Burst
- Click [Send now]
To learn more about how to set up and manage Bursts, check Report Bursting
Content > FTP Connections Editor
When you need to set up a new FTP connection, access FTP Connections Editor
- Choose the Host Server location. As a rule, this is < companyname> .metricinsights.com
- Enter the Port number. Default 21 for FTP or 22 for SFTP
- Type in User credentials (Username and Password)
- Specify the Directory to which your content will be pushed
Users can register one or more FTP Servers within Metric Insights and specify access credentials for each server.
If any failures occur when Bursting to FTP, a “File Upload Errors” email will be sent to the Burst Creator.
Notification of Burst failures to Shared Drive will be implemented soon.