When an Element is included in the following Notifications, any specified Attachments are also included:
- Alert Digests
- Favorites Digests
- Report Digests (all intervals)
- Immediate Alerts
Attachments are not supported for Collaborative Digests and the Email Now function.
Attachment types supported by Metric Insights
|Element||Supported Attachment Types|
|Other External Content||
- Metric Insights supports two CSV formats: "CSV Raw" and "CSV Formatted". When using these file types, remember the following:
- "CSV: Raw" files contain unformatted data.
- "CSV: Formatted" is a file type that has been changed by a Metric Insights User; e.g., had a Display Mask applied to it, was reorganized in some way at Element level.
- CSV data contained in External Reports can only be passed in a raw CSV format.
- Email services usually transform CSV: Raw files to look more user-friendly. They are still considered unformatted (Raw) by Metric Insights' standards.
To be able to deliver files/attachments in emails, additional options must be specified at the Element Editor level:
- Metric: Advanced tab > Attach file to Digest
- Report: Distribution tab> Attach to Email
- External Report: Advanced tab > Collect additional files. NOTE: An attachment is only generated during the Image Collection refresh.
- Other External Content: Configuration tab > Include files as attachments
- Multi-Metric: not applicable