Establish connectivity to Google Analytics
This article describes how to connect to Google Analytics in order to use their reports as Data Sources in Metric Insights.
Before you use any Google plug-in resources, you must have registered your server with Google. See Registering Your Server with Google for more information.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Google Analytics" from the drop-down list
3. Provide the Required Google Analytics Parameters
- Data Source Name will default, but you may modify if needed
- Enter your Profile ID. If you don't know your profile ID, please open the Google Analytics website, login, and select the website you want to monitor. Your URL should look like:
That last part, after the “p” is your Google Analytics Profile ID.
- Click [Get Token] to generate one.
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
Save your entries and Test Connection.
3.1. Choosing/Adding Google account
When attempting to get a token, the system redirects you to the Google page to confirm your consent to fetch data.
If you haven’t logged in to any account in this browser, Google will offer a list of your accounts to choose from or add a new one. If you have already logged into some of your Google accounts in this browser, Google will automatically offer to allow fetching data from it, but you can switch to another account or add a new one by clicking an arrow at the upper right corner of the screen.
You are free to create several Google Analytics Data Sources in Metric Insights, each of them getting data from a separate Google account.
4. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users