Setup Elements for Further Analysis for a Report
Creating Reports has been greatly enhanced by using the new Dataset Reporting feature - see Dataset Reports Overview (New in 5.3). Dataset Reports do no support this Elements for Further Analysis feature.
Further Analysis elements provide users a link to other elements that will allow either a different or more detailed view of the data. Elements for Further Analysis are defined in the Report Editor / Associations tab
1. Access Report Editor > Associations tab
Click the + New Element button to select a new Element for Further Analysis.
2. Select an Element
- You can limit the pick-list choices by Type if desired
- Select Report Name from drop-down
- The Drill On pick list will contain all of the Report columns available and indicates where the element displays in the chart
- Display Sequence must be a unique integer and is used to sort the elements in both the Element for Further Analysis grid and the Data Point Mouse-over Displays
- Update live Report
2.1. External Reports will display an additional field
For these element types, the External Report URL is required and will be filled in automatically. Additional variables may be added to URL as explained above.