Source a Report from Metrics
Creating both Reports and Metric has been greatly simplified by using the new Dataset feature - see Understanding Datasets
Reports can be created based on data from one or more Metrics that:
- Are enabled
- Have the same Measurement Interval as the Report
- If the Report is configured with a Dimension, has the same Dimension
This allows you to be able to view all of that data in a tabular report and create Pivot Tables containing that data. Measurement Time and Values are combined into one comprehensive data set. The results can be shown in a Results Set Table or in Pivot Tables or Charts added to the Report.
Note: The format of the Report Creation Wizard and Report Editor is slightly different in various versions.
1. Access New > Report
- Input a meaningful Name
- Select Standard Report as type
- Choose Reported interval
- Optionally, select a Category
Next: Define Report
2. Define Data Collection
- Select 'Existing Metrics' as Data Source from the drop-down
- Click [+ New Metric]
3. Example of adding Dimensioned Metric to a non-dimensioned Report
- Select Category
- Choose Metric name from list
- Select Dimension Value if applicable
- Set Include in result table to "yes"
4. Correct Report format if needed, Enable & Publish
- Ensure that the selected Metric is in the Metrics grid.
- If desired, click [+ New Metric] to select additional Metrics.
- Review Sample result set for correctness
- Rearrange or reformat Report Columns, if needed
- Enable & publish
5. Report Displayed in Report Viewer
- Select Edit icon to further define Report contents as desired
6. Open Report Content tab
Add Pivots, Charts and/or External Visualizations from this tab