Customizing Header and Footers in Emails
If you require different information or logos to be included in your company emails, you can use standard HTML to add custom headers and / or footers to them. In addition to the Default settings, you can separately customize Alert, Favorite and Collaborative emails.
If you specify a custom header for an email type, but do not specify a footer, the default footer will be used. To omit a header or footer, enter blank HTML statement.
In newer versions of Metric Insights that support Customized Email Templates, a more robust system is provided for more detailed Customized Headers and Footers - if you are using Customized Templates, see details here: Applying headers/footers to Email Templates
1. Access Admin > Email Templates
- Select [+ New Header/Footer] button to display Add Email Template pop-up
- Select Email Type
- Select either Header or Footer template type
Note: You can only have one email template per Email Type/Type combination. For example, you cannot have more than one alert header template.
2. Enter HTML code to format your customized information
- Enter HTML code
- Metric Insights has a number of variables already formatted and available for your use in defining Headers and Footers
- Preview results
- If had a problem, you can Revert to original default HTML
Adding images to Headers and Footers - new functionality in 4.0
Please see: Branding for an easier means of adding images to emails