PowerPoint Presentation (Create / Custom Templates)
Metric Insights provides you with a very easy and intuitive way to create a PowerPoint Presentation of any number of Metrics and External Reports (Visualizations). You first must have a Favorite Folder containing those elements that should be included into your presentation.
This example shown in this article is based on the assumption that you already have a Favorite Folder that can be used as a source of content for presentation. For details on creating a Favorite folder, refer to: Add (or Delete) Elements to a Favorites folder
Reports with data collected on-demand and data tables are currently NOT supported in PowerPoint Presentations.
To learn more about on-demand data collection, see: Collecting Data on Report Request.
Use Case: Generate a .ppt Presentation
- On the Homepage > Left Sidebar > Favorite Folders section select the required folder. To create a new Favorite folder, go to the User Preferences menu > My Favorites > [+ New favorite Folder]
- Move to the upper right corner of the screen and click Manage > Download PPT.
- Choose which Template should be used for generating a Presentation. To create a new custom template, see below.
- Click Download.
The system will generate a .ppt presentation. Once it is ready, you can find it in Downloads folder on your computer.
- To create a new Template for downloading Power Point presentations, access:
- Click [+ New template]
Provide a Template Name
Provide a Template Name and, optionally, Description.
Save your entries.
- Include favorite slide: Choose whether you want a Favorite Folder's name to be shown on the first slide of the presentation
- Include notes / comments: Choose whether you want collaboration items to be included into presentation. For more details, refer to: Collaborative Items
- Custom image size: If you want to define a custom size of images to be included in this presentation, choose 'Yes' and populate Image width and Image height fields below.
- Font color: Choose the color to be applied to Favorite Folder and element titles in the presentation.
- Template file: Optionally, upload a .ppt presentation template. You can download a default template from the field below.
Save your entries.