Delivering a Burst via SMS
As of Version 5.2.1, Bursts can be sent via SMS directly to a phone or a smartwatch.
SMS Bursts are designed to deliver Notifications to users so they can easily access actionable data on mobile devices.
To be able to receive SMS Bursts Subscribers must have:
- Email-to-SMS feature activated (check with your Mobile Provider)
- Permission to an SMS Burst content (configured in Metric Insights)
The list of Burst Recipients must be composed as an SMS-mailing list, with a 10-digit phone number appended to an email-to-SMS address (e.g. phonenumber@message. alltel.com).
SMS Bursts can be initiated from the Burst Editor.
Once a new Burst is created, a Report can be added to it. Adding elements can be managed via Selected Tiles, Folders or Favorites. For complete steps view Create New Burst (Version 5.1.2 and beyond).
You can add only ONE element to an SMS Burst.
- Name your Burst
- Select and add the Report to be sent via SMS Burst.
- Choose Schedule for your SMS run. If necessary, create your own. Learn more about Creating a new schedule (non-Admin user)
- Change Burst template from default "Any Image Size" to "SMS Template"
SMS template is the only option that can be used for SMS bursting. If you need a specific SMS template for your company, contact one of your administrators or email@example.com. SMS template has to be set up individually for each organization.
Assign subscriptions and Send [optional]
- Move to Subscriptions tab and select Individual Subscriptions.
- Enable your Burst
- Optional: Click [Send Now] to manually send SMS Burst
- Press [Show My Notifications]
- Specify email-to-SMS address in Immediate Alerts by clicking on the Edit (gear) icon. This address will be used for SMS Bursts.
For more details, check Create New Burst (Version 5.1.2 and further).
After you enable and send your SMS Burst, you should be notified via SMS.
However, in case an SMS Burst fails to be delivered, you can check the results of the SMS run. To do so, open the Run History tab.
- Wait for about 5 minutes and refresh the page
- Open Run History tab, under Recipients, click on the Tiles' quantity value
- View the report that appears in the pop-up grid
Make sure Keep history is set to "Yes" on your Notifications Schedule. Otherwise, the details of your SMS run history will not be accessible.