Upload Metric Data Using CSV
If the data for the Metric is to be collected manually, it is possible to upload it as a CSV file (delimited by a comma or other character). This article describes how to populate the Metric using a CSV file as a Data Source.
This feature is available for Windows OS and Mac OS (save your Excel file as a CSV file to use this method).
- If you are uploading data for Undimensioned Metric or only one Dimension Value of the Dimensioned Metric, confirm that the CSV file that you plan to use contains only two columns: Measurement Date/Time and Measurement Value
- If you are uploading data for multiple Dimension Values, make sure that the CSV file that you plan to use contains three columns: Dimension Value, Measurement Date/Time and Measurement Value
If you are uploading data for Compound Dimension Values, see Creating Compound Dimensions using Selected Values for details.
If you are uploading data for Parent/Child Dimension Values,see Collect Values Manually for a Child Dimension for details.
Access +New > Metric > Create New
- Measured: Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Name: Give the Metric a descriptive name
- Category: Select the Category to place the Metric
- [Next: Define Details] to open the Editor
- Data Source: Choose "Manual/CSV Data" option from the dropdown menu
- [Load data]
- [Load From File]
- Delimiter: Enter the character that is the same as in your CSV file
- Date format: Choose the format in which the date/time is represented in your CSV file
- File: [Browse] and select the CSV file containing data from PC
Uploaded data will be shown in the Metric Data table.
If you want to enter the Manual Metric value into a CSV file and you are unsure about its format, click Sample CSV file link to obtain a file into which you can enter data after saving it.