Collect Values Manually for a Child Dimension
If a Dimension is part of a hierarchy and has its own Parent Dimension; e.g., Products that are part of a Product Groups, you can use Metric Insights' Parent/Child Dimension capabilities to form this relationship. Any Dimension that has a Parent is considered a Child Dimension.
- An existing Parent Dimension that contains Dimension Values.
- This example also assumes that a Child Dimension has already been created.
NOTE: If you grant a User access to a Dimension that has children, grandchildren or other generations, the user receives cascading access to all of the Dimension's descendants in the Family tree. See Dimension Security 5.3.0
Additional information is available in these articles:
EXAMPLE: In the sample below, "Product Category" is the Parent Dimension and "wine-dimension" is the Child Dimension. "Product Category" already has several Dimension Values created.
1. Access Content > Dimensions > select a Child Dimension from the list
At the bottom of the page click [+ New Dimension Value].
2. Enter Dimension Value
For each new Dimension Value, enter:
- Select a Parent Dimension Value from the drop-down list
- Enter the Key Value
- Provide a Display Value that corresponds to its Key Value
- Select whether the system should generate a Tile for this Dimension Value automatically; If 'no' is chosen, the only way to obtain a tile is to make this Dimension Value's chart a Favorite
Save your changes.
3. Dimension Value is added to Dimension Values grid
4. To add using a CSV file, you must add at least one dimension manually for' Load from File' button to appear
- Select Load from file button to access the Load popup
- Confirm that the Delimiter character is the same as in your CSV file
- Select the CSV file containing your data from your local machine
4.1. Review load results
- Click OK to return to Dimension Editor