Create a Dimensioned Multi-Metric
You create a Dimensioned Multi-Metric using the same procedure as for an Undimensioned Multi-Metric, except that once you designate the Multi-Metric as being 'Dimensioned', only Undimensioned Metrics and those Metrics dimensioned by the same value will be available for inclusion.
For more details, view lesson on Creating a non-dimensional Multi-Metric here
1. Access New >Metric > Multi-Metric
- Select a Dimension from drop-down
- [Next: Define Details] to display the full Multi-Metric Editor.
- [6.1.0] As of Release 6.1.0, it is possible to flag elements and then Migrate Content using our Export/Import Migration Scripts. Click for details: Scripted Migration via Category and Element Editors
- Create a unique Name for the Multi-Metric
- The Description field defaults from the Name, but if this is not sufficiently descriptive, you may change it
- Assign the Multi-Metric to a Category to indicate where you would like your element to appear in the Home Page
- Certified: Certification is a means for Admin and Power Users to identify elements that have been approved as being valid and accurate. For details refer to: Certifying an Element
- Tags (are referred to as Topics in Versions prior to 5.1): Tags / Topics are used to relate elements to each other for purposes of identifying similar Charts when the See Related drop-down list in the Metric Viewer is populated allowing a more in-depth analysis of trends. For details refer to: Create a Topic / Tag
Next: Access the Metrics to Chart tab
2. Add a Metric to the Chart
- Open the Metrics to the Chart tab
- Click [+ New Metric]
The Add Metric to Chart screen opens.
3. Select Metrics from the drop-down
- The Metric Name drop-down contains Undimensioned Metrics and Metrics dimensioned by the same Dimension as your Multi-Metric
- Select charting options for this metric
Save and repeat to add metrics as needed.
5. Specify the charting options in the 'Charting' and 'Advanced' tabs
- Set any additional 'Charting Preferences' for the full Chart
- Change any of the 'Advanced Settings' that you wish
Click Enable & Publish to view resulting Chart