Change default colors for Charting objects
When adding new objects to your Charts, such as lines, bars, and sectors, Metric Insights uses a grid of Charting Colors. If you wish to change the default colors used for all your objects, this article will show you how.
Where these defaults apply:
- Multi-metric charting
- Overlays in charts
- Dataset Reporting charts
- Moving average lines in Metrics
1. Access Chart Layout editors (Admin > Charting Options > Chart Layouts)
2. Select the Chart Layout with 'id = 1'
- Select 'Metric Chart Layout'
- Verify that the Id = 1
- Access the Colors tab
- Click the Edit gear to change the color values
- Use the Up / Down buttons to change the default order (you can also use the standard Drag and Drop function)
3. Edit the Charting Colors (Bar / Line / Moving Average)
- Select color to change (example is Link color)
- Drag the marker to a new shade
- Or select a new color
Click OK / Save