Create and Populate a Manually Sourced Target
You can easily define a Target and populate values for the Target by manually entering each Target Value (method covered in this article) or you can Populate a Target from a CSV file
1. Access Admin > Reference Objects > Targets
Click [+New Target] at the bottom of the screen.
The Add Target pop-up opens.
2. Define general Target information
Provide basic Target settings:
- The period covered
- Obsolete in 5.1. The nature of the results being measured against this Target. NOTE: The Metrics that will be associated with this Target must also have the same Measure (for example Sales, Profit, etc.).
- Target Type: Choose or create a type of the target.
- A Dimension for the Target if it is dimensioned
NOTE: All targets created in Metric Insights are unique. ONLY ONE Target can be created using a combination of the following values:
- Measurement Interval
- Optionally, Dimension
The target Name defaults from these settings and may be changed, but must remain unique.
Save your Target basic information to proceed with adding Target Values in the Target Editor.
KNOWN TARGET TYPE ISSUE:
Currently, although you can choose a specific Target Type in the Target Editor, any Target is going to be marked as "Forecast" in the Metric Viewer and in the email notifications.
3. Designate the Target Data Source
Designate the method to be used to populate your Target in the Sourced from field. The following options are available:
4. Review the grid containing the values
Use [+ New Value] to enter each additional Target Value
5. Enable your Target
Proceed with one of the following actions:
- Once you have completed data entry, open the Info tab and enable the Target so that it may be associated with one or more Metrics that have the same key settings; in this example: 'Daily' Measurement Interval and Measure of 'Sales'
- Grant Permission to one or more Power Users to edit and/or enter data to this Target using Maintain Target Security
- Apply these Target values to all associated Metrics in the Associations tab (see below)
6. Associate a Metric with a Target
- Open the Associations tab
- Click Link to Metric
- The Associate Metric pop-up opens
- Choose a Metric from the drop-down list
- Generate Period to Date (XTD) Target Variance
Save your changes.