Source Events Automatically
Events for an Event Calendar can be sourced using SQL or a Plug-in based on your choice of a Data Source in the Event Calendar Editor. Any Event can be designated as a Key Event in the source database.
If you need to record Events via manual data entry or upload them as a CSV file, see Source Events Manually.
1. Access Admin > Event Calendars
The list of Event Calendars previously created in the system opens.
Select a required Event Calendar from the list.
2. Setup Data Collection
- Event Source: select the source of the values for this Event Calendar from the drop-down list. For this example we use SQl database.
- Data Collection Trigger: Choose how often the list of events should be updated. You can create a new Trigger on the go by choosing the Add New Data Collection Trigger option from the bottom of the drop-down list.
- Construct a fetch command
- Validate your SQL Statement: click this button to verify that your SQL statement is valid. If any errors occur, they are explained below the box and the box itself turns red.
- If validation is successful, the box turns green and sample records are shown below.
- Click Collect data
3. Review collected Events
Open the Events tab and review the entities automatically added to the Events table.