Set up API Access
To configure your Metric Insights instance for API Access, you should create a secret key by the means of which your API client can access the data.
Once you set up API Access you can use most of the API calls. A few calls are unavailable until you set up specific access for them.
- Select [+ New External Application] from list of existing External Applications
- Define the name of an External Application
- Save your entry.
The External Application Editor opens.
- Enable your API
- Click Show Credentials
- The Application ID and Application key are now available to you
- Set User management access to 'yes'
- Set Cross Domain Access to 'yes'
- Once this option is enabled, a new dynamic field appears on the page.
- Click [+ New Cross Domain Origin] to add specific web sites that will access the API