Chrome browser REST client
There are a number of client applications that you can use to test calls to the Metric Insights API. Options include the API Tool that comes with the Metric Insights application or use one of your favorites.
This article gives brief introduction to using the Chrome browser Advanced REST Client.
- Search for Chrome Advanced REST Client
- Add it as a plugin to your Chrome browser
From this client you can specify
- HTTP Method (GET, POST, ...)
- HTTP Headers
- Payload HTTP Body
Typically when testing the Metrics Insight API, provide the following items:
- URL you are testing (e.g., /api/get_token or /api/user)
- GET, POST, PUT, or DELETE
- Headers such as: Accept: application/json, Token: <your token value>
- JSON Body for your request if POST or PUT