Use a Naming Template to Specify Dimensioned Elements Name Format
When defining a new Dimension Naming Template, use the Advanced tab of the Dimension Editor to set the formatting rules for Dimensioned Element tiles and Charts.
1. Access Content > Dimension > select an existing or create a new one
Open the Dimension Information tab
- After 'Collect Values' completes, you can view the distinct values in the grid below
2. Collect Dimension values
- Define the Value you plan to use for adding Dimension Values to the Dimension. In this example we are adding data manually. For more information refer to one of the following articles:
- Add Dimension Values using the respective procedure.
3. Open the 'Advanced' tab to review existing templates
NOTE: Example is using a dimension that is already used in at least one Element - this is just for display purposes.
3.1. These are the same Templates without dimension values substitution
- Prefixes such as 'by', 'for' and 'in' can be used before either parameter
- Suffixes such as 'Supplier', 'Status' and '-' (dash) can be inserted after either parameter
- You can also add a new element name template by selecting the last option in the drop-down list
NOTE: Both 'Element Name' or 'Dimension Display Value' can be either first or last.
4. Adding new Element Name Template
Decide which parameter to use first and click link to add. The corresponding parameter is added to the Display name field
4.2. Add second parameter and optional suffix
5. Advance settings for Compound Dimensions
Open the Dimension Editor for a combined Dimension.