Upload Dimension Values using a CSV File
Dimensions with a large number of Dimension Values can be populated directly from a CSV file. This article describes how to use a CSV file to populate a Dimension with Values.
If you have a limited number of Dimension Values, the easiest way is to create a new value is to follow the procedure described in this article: Create a Dimension with Manually Entered Values.
SIMPLE Dimension: Confirm that the CSV file that you plan to use contains only two columns:
- Key Value with format the conforms to the Dimension Editor's setting of "Integer" or "Text"
- Display Value
PARENT/CHILD Dimension: Confirm that the source CSV file contains only three columns:
- Child Dimension Key Value
- Child Dimension Display Value
- Parent Dimension Key Value
Access Content > Dimensions
- [+New Dimension]
- Name: Give the Dimension a descriptive name
- Dimension Key Values are: Specify numeric or text, based on how the Dimension Value's key is defined in the source system
- CSV Powered Value Source: Select the "Manual/CSV Data" option
Scroll the page to the Dimension Values section
- [Load from file]
- Delimiter: Confirm that the Delimiter character is the same as in the source CSV file
- File: Select the CSV file containing the data from your local platform
If the conflict exusts between existing Dimension Values and file Dimension Values: Define the system behavior in case the file contains Values previously added to Dimension:
- "Keep Existing Values": The uploaded Value is ignored for existing Values
- "Update Existing Values": The uploaded Value replaces the existing Value
NOTE: If any errors are encountered in the CSV file, the system provides information on the issues found
Click OK to close the results pop-up.