Create Dataset from Qlik Sense
This introductory article describes how to define the basic settings for a Dataset that is sourced from Qlik Sense.
1. Create New Dataset
Access New > Dataset > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Specify if Dataset should be searchable
- Input a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category to place the Dataset
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Define Settings for Data Collection
- Select the Qlik Sense Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Choose the Qlik Sense Object that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- Before fetching, you can pre-filter Qlik Sense data via [Manage Filters]. See Pre-filtering Qlik Sense data (5.6+)
- Input Plugin command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Qlik Sense
- Build your query in MIQL syntax OR
- Use Visual Editor. This will automatically validate the command
- If the statement is valid, a Validation Rows Preview section pops up at the bottom of the screen
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
- Entire field names that contain special characters, aggregation and commas must be enclosed in quotes (single or double).
- It is acceptable to enclose all fields and values in quotes.
[…] + Notation is used to signify that the MIQL parts of a statement are optional/can be repeated.