Establish Connectivity to Qlik Sense
This article describes the process of creating a plugin Data Source to connect to Qlik Sense. This Data Source will allow data from existing Qlik Sense objects to be used in building elements using Metric Insights tools.
- Enable the following ports: 80 (HTTP), 443 (HTTPS), 4747 (Websocket API), and 4243 (REST API). If you have a Load Balancer, forward the same ports.
- For other step-by-step instructions, see Prerequisites to connecting to Qlik Sense server
- Qlik Sense May 20121 qliksenseserver:14.20.5
- QlikSense February 2021 qliksenseserver:14.5.4
- QlikSense June patch 3 qliksenseserver:13.82.11
NOTE: Versions outside of this list may be supported but are not actively tested. If you have an older or newer version, please work with firstname.lastname@example.org so that we understand your requirements.
[Release 6.x]: 'Remote Data Collector' renamed to 'Remote Data Processor'
With the release of Version 6.2.1, .conf files are no longer required for advanced configuration in Metric Insights. It is recommended to use the Plugin Config page to adjust parameters and their values. See this article for more details.
1. Create New Data Source
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+ New Data Source]
- Choose "Qlik Sense" from the Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
2. Provide Required Qlik Sense Parameters
3. Configure a Host White List on the Qlik Sense Server
Qlik Sense server must be added to the Host white list. The server name must be specified in the exact same way as it is used for MI Data Source configuration > Info tab (server field).
Secure Connection Virtual Proxy
Access the Host white list via Virtual Proxy > Profile > Properties > Advanced tab.
Additionally, you can secure your Connection Proxies and increase Session Timeout per Proxy site.
If your Qlik Sense uses a secure connection, provide a certificate by going to your Qlik Sense server and logging onto the QMC (http://your-qliksense-server/qmc/virtualproxies).
Increase Session Timeout for the Proxy Site
Navigate to your Proxy on the QMC.
4. Configure Optional Qlik Sense Parameters
|1||Upload the client certificate file
|2||Upload the client private key file
|3||Specify the limit for filter values count that will be applied to all filters|
Specify object type(s) to be retrieved: APPLICATION, SHEET, or OBJECT.
|5||Specify stream name(s) by which you want to filter your results
|6||Specify the title(s) of your Qlik Sense Sheet(s)
|7||Specify application(s) you have created in Qlik Sense
|8||Specify name(s) of Object(s) you need to bring from Qlik Sense
|9||Specify the domain group for your Username|
6. Proceed with Advanced Configuration
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
[Test Connection] in the upper right corner