Upload Dimension Values using a CSV File
Dimensions with a large number of Dimension Values can be populated directly from a CSV file.
If you have a limited number of Dimension Values, the easiest way is to create a new value is to follow the procedure described in this article: Create a Dimension with Manually Entered Values.
For more information on creating a new Dimension see: Dimension Basics
SIMPLE Dimension: Confirm that the CSV file that you plan to use contains only two columns:
- Key Value - format must conform to the Dimension Editor's setting of "Integer" or "Text"
- Display Value
PARENT/CHILD Dimension: Confirm that the CSV file that you plan to use contains only three columns:
- Child Dimension Key Value - format must conform to the Dimension Editor's setting of "Integer" or "Text"
- Child Dimension Display Value
- Parent Dimension Key Value
1. Access Content > Dimensions > [+ New Dimension]
- Make sure that the <Dimension Name> Value Source field is set to 'Manual/CSV Data'.
- At the Dimension Values section click Load from file.
The Load From File pop-up opens.
2. Select a file from your directory and import
- Confirm that the Delimiter character is the same as in your CSV file
- Select the CSV file containing your data from your local machine
- Define the system behavior in case the file contains values previously added to Dimension:
- 'Keep Existing Values': the uploaded value is ignored for existing values
- 'Update Existing Values': the uploaded value replaces the existing value
Once the required file is browsed, click Import.
3. Review the results of Import
NOTE: If any errors are encountered in the CSV file, the system will provide you with information on the issues occurred.
- Click OK to close the results pop-up
- Click Cancel to close the Load from File pop-up and cancel file upload
4. Dimension Values Grid is populated
Newly uploaded values appear and may be edited directly from the Dimension Values Grid.