Sourcing Dimension Values in Metric Insights
Dimension Values can be sourced in two fundamentally different ways:
1 An Administrator can specify the allowed Dimension Values in advance, either by entering them manually or by fetching them from an existing data source. If your metric and report data include any Dimension Values that are not listed in the Dimension editor, they will be ignored.
For details on adding Dimensions and/or related Values:
- Create a Dimension with Manually Entered Values
- Create a Dimension with Automatically Collected Values
- Upload Dimension Values using a CSV File
- Create a Dimension with values sourced from a Dataset View (Version 5.0.5)
2. If you don't want to specify the allowed Dimension Values in advance, you can simply read them from your "Metric and Report Data" as it is collected. If your Metric and Report data include any Dimension Values that are not already listed in the Dimension editor, they will be added to the list. You do not need to specify a Metric or Report -- Metric Insights will collect Dimension Values from all Metrics and Reports when they are updated.