Collecting Dimension Values from Metric and Report Data
Metric Insights can automatically populate Dimension Values by simply fetching them as Metric and Report Data is collected.
If your Metric and Report data include Dimension Values that are not already shown in the Dimension Editor, they will be added to the grid. You do not need to specify a Metric or Report -- Metric Insights will collect Dimension Values from ever Metrics or Reports as it is updated.
1. Access Content > Dimensions
At the bottom of the page click [+ New Dimension].
2. Define the basics for the new Dimension
- Value Source: Set this field to "Metric and Report Data"
- Bind parameter: Setting this to match the column name for the data in the source system to be used in the fetch command
- Include "Total" Dimension Value: Use to include a total that accumulates all data for each Measurement Time
- Save to create the Dimension
The Dimension Editor opens.
NOTE: The 'Dimension Values' table in the Editor will be empty or contain only the 'Total' value
Since this is a new Dimension, it has no Dimension Values in the grid except for Total if included in the settings
3. Create Metric or Report using this Dimension
4. Collect or Update data for your Metric
5. Dimension is automatically populated with Dimension Values
- Return to the Dimension Editor of the Dimension created in Step 1
- Note that Dimension Values have been added to the table automatically