Test API Access / Get API Token via MI API Test Tool
This article describes how you can quickly test your API access.
NOTE: The format of the API Test Tool is slightly different in Version 3.
The ID value of your External Application can be obtained from the URL in its editor.
In our example the ID value of the 'External API' application is 11, as seen in the URL of the External Applications page.
- Select the item depending on the request you need to create. This example demonstrates how to obtain token via API request.
- All Methods available for this item are shown in this field (in our example only the POST method is available)
- Enter ID value of your External Application. In our example the ID value of the 'External API' application is 11, as seen in the URL of the External Application Editor page.
- Once the ID is entered, the system automatically generates a Raw request
- Input Userid after 'user=' in the request
- Optional. When performing Raw request or Form Request, you can define the response format (XML or JSON) in the Accept field. NOTE: In the Accept field, the 'text/csv' setting is only applicable for 'metric_data' and 'report_data' Items.
- Click Run request at the top of the page
- The Token is returned and displayed in the Raw response field
NOTE: The test is successful since the API Token was obtained.
Alternately, you can use other formats such as JSON.
- Select JSON request format
- Both Application ID and the Application Key already provided but you must supply the user as previously described
- Run Request
- The request returns the API Token in Raw response field