Create a Data Collection Trigger (Scheduled / Externally Triggered)
This article outlines how to create a new data collection trigger to run based on a pre-specified schedule. The same process can be used when defining existing collection triggers
At the bottom of the page click [+ New Data Collection Trigger]
The Data Collection Trigger pop-up opens.
- Data Collection Scope: This trigger can be applied either to elements (Reports, Metrics, etc.) or Dimension Values. This choice can be made at this step only and once saved cannot be altered.
- Name: should be unique and descriptive. NOTE: In versions prior to 4.1 trigger names could not contain spaces, caps and other characters.
- Data collection based on:
- Provide the Interval and unit that will determine how often the trigger is executed.
- Specify whether the trigger should run as early as possible in the period (day, week, etc..) or if it should only be run after a specific time.
If you choose to perform data collection upon the External Trigger, a URL is to be displayed at the field below. You can use this URL with other integrations.
Note that the trigger will not automatically start at the pre-specified schedule if there are Trigger Dependencies or Data Dependencies which have not been satisfied.
A schedule-based trigger will be started after the specified time ONLY once all associated dependencies have been satisfied.
For more information see: Establish dependencies between Data Collection Triggers