How to receive a Notification if Data Collection does not start
You can configure a Data Collection Event to send an email notification if the event does not start by a specified point in time. This is useful to notify users or system administrators that visualizations are not getting updated due to a dependency that is not satisfied.
This feature is only available for data collection events that fire daily or less frequently.
Select the required Data Collection Trigger from the list.
The Data Collection Trigger Editor opens.
- Open the Trigger Configuration tab
- Set Send Email if data collection does not start? field to 'yes'
- Specify the time that should trigger the notification. In the above example, a notification email will be sent if the event does not start by 02:15 AM.
- Enter the email address to which the notification is to be sent.
Save your changes.
3. Example of an email you will receive if the data collection event does not start by the expected time
An email like the one shown above will be sent to the specified email address if the data collection event does not start by the expected time
- Clicking on link with allow you to investigate the problem