Access content in Microsoft Teams
This article gives an overview of how to use the MI Chatbot to fetch data from Metric Insights.
- The ability to search for Metric Insights content with the MI Chatbot is governed by the corresponding Security Provisions (learn more from Microsoft Teams Security).
MI 5.5.0+ application must be installed on your server.
- For details, go to Install or Update MI via Installation Packages
MI Chatbot must be deployed to your server.
- For more information, check MI Chatbot deployment
- Microsoft Teams Configuration: an App with bot functions must be created in Microsoft Teams.
- MI Chatbot must be connected to Microsoft Teams Bot App
- To be able to ask the MI Chatbot questions, you must access the required Microsoft Team and Channel first.
- Address the MI Сhatbot by typing @bot_name
- Double-click the Search field
- Enter your question or Tile name in the Search field
- Select a Tile from the Suggest List
- Preview the Tile
- Click the Send button to share your Tile with the channel
For Direct Messaging, access the Group Chat with the MI Chatbot.
- Enter you question or Tile Name in the provided field
- Your question/Tile Name will be displayed in the Chat
- The MI Chatbot will show possible matches
Select the relevant Tile by double-clicking the white space on it
- NOTE: If you click the Tile Name, you will be taken to Metric Insights
- The Tile will be displayed at the end of the Suggest List
- Click [Share]
- Select the Team for sharing and [Submit]
- Select the Channel for sharing and [Submit]
In Metric Insights, Security settings control which content will be served up to a Microsoft Teams channel. To learn more, refer to Microsoft Teams Security.