Bursting to a Slack Channel
Users can configure a Burst to be sent to a Slack Channel in a few simple steps. Selecting a target Slack channel, a set of Elements, and a schedule can now be done directly from the Burst Editor by enabling the corresponding option.
Beginning in [6.3.5], the "Designate Slack Channel" Privilege allows a Power Users them to add an internal Slack Channel to MI and use it as an output destination for a Burst.
For more information on creating Bursts, refer to Create New Burst (Version 5.1.2 and beyond)
1. Create New Burst
Access New > Burst
- Name: specify the Name for your Slack Burst
- Content: add Tiles, Folders or Favorites
- Schedule: from the drop-down, select the Notification Schedule, or alternatively add a new one by clicking [+]
Send Burst via Slack: activate the Slack bursting option and specify the Channel where the Burst will be delivered
- If the added Tiles do not satisfy Security checks for the selected Channel, a warning message will be shown. For details, view the NOTE below
- [Save & Enable]
- Security settings must allow a Slack Channel to access Elements that are bursted to that Channel
- To learn more, click MI Slack App Security