Slack Slash Commands
Starting version 6.3.0, Metric Insights supports new interaction events triggered by slash commands.
Old- vs. New-Style Commands
Here’s the table of supported commands:
NOTE: /mute and /search are already resolved by Slack.
To support the command, it has to be created.
Here are the basic instructions on how to create a command:
- Access the app editor on the Slash Commands tab at https://api.slack.com/apps/<your-app-id>/slash-commands
- Click [Create new command]
- In the following popup, provide the command name from the table above
- Set the request URL to https://<bot-url>$config[“url_path”]/command for each command,
- where $config[“url_path”] = value of the “url_path” config variable
- For example, if url_path does not exist or is empty, and the bot DNS name is mi-examle.com, the URL would be https://mi-example.com/command. Respectively, if url_path = /slack, the URL would be https://mi-example.com/slack/command.
5. Provide the description and usage hint
6. Save and reinstall the bot to the workspace