How to collect data from SAP Business Objects
By fetching data from an existing SAP BusinessObjects (BOBJ) report, you can use the data to create a Metric Insights element.
NOTE: You must have established connectivity for BOBJ.
1. Access New > Report (report example)
- Name the Report: Define a unique descriptive name of your element
- Reported: choose the measurement interval from the drop-down list
- Category: define a category this element belongs to
- To move on to defining data collection details, click Next: Define Report
2. Full Editor displays the Data Collection tab
- Data Source: select the account you have created for SAP BusinessObjects
- Data Collection Schedule: Specify the trigger that will be used to collect the data for your report
- Business Objects Document: Select the document which should serve as a basis for this Report
- Input Plugin Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from BusinessObjects (manually or using the Visual Editor below the plugin box)
- Once you are ready with you command, click Show Data.
3. Plug-in Commands
The query must include the columns, listed in the hint box to the right of the Plug-in command field:
- MI dimension (for dimensioned Metrics and Reports only);
- measurement datetime
- measurement value
4. Plug-in command will be validated and data collected on Save from Visual Editor
- If your request syntax is valid, the statement box is green; if there are any errors, the box is colored in red and errors will be explained in the field below. If the request is validated successfully, the Report Columns table is to be displayed below the statement box.
- Enable and Publish your Report.
The Report will be displayed in the Viewer.