Establish Connectivity to Zendesk
This article describes how to connect to Zendesk in order to use their reports as Data Sources in Metric Insights.
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plug-ins can be found here.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Zendesk" from the drop-down list
Move to the Next step.
3. Provide the Parameters for establishing connection with Zendesk
- Data Source Name: defaults to a unique name, but may be modified to a descriptive name of your own.
- Enter Domain
- Username / Password: This is the username and password you use to access Zendesk
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
4. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users