QlikView can be easily integrated with Metric Insights to join forces and provide better solutions for analyzing data and supporting business decisions.
[Release 6.x]: 'Remote Data Collector' renamed to 'Remote Data Processor'
Here is a list of QlikView plugin capabilities in Metric Insights:
Fetching QlikView Reports (manually and automatically)
Metric Insights extracts data from the QlikView server in the form of reports. Information obtained from these external reports is further used as data source for MI elements: Metrics and Reports. QlikView reports can be added in the Plugin Editor (NOTE: To get to the Plugin Editor go to Admin drop down menu > Data Sources > select a plugin to open its Editor). There are two options to add reports to the plugin:
- Automatically: If the External Reports fetch method field is set to 'automatically', go to the QlikView Reports List tab and simply click Refresh list to collect all QlikView reports currently available at the server.
- Manually: You can also update the QlikView reports list by adding report IDs and Names one-by-one or specified in the CSV file.
Automated Data Collection
All the data fetched from QlikView is always extracted automatically and this can be performed via:
- Data Collection Trigger: You can configure the periodic trigger that will independently start data collection
- Validate option: You can start automatic data collection by validating your plugin command
- Save & Publish OR Update Live Chart options: An attempt to update a chart always starts automatic data collection
Visual Editor for constructing Plugin command
Data for Metrics and Reports is extracted via a plugin command, consisting of parameters specifying what data should be fetched. See the list of available parameters.
The check-list with fields available for constructing a plugin command is automatically captured from the reports and displayed at the QlikView Visual Editor located at Metric Editor > Data Collection tab > below the Plugin command text box.
Visual Editor is a handy tool. It saves time of those who are unaware of specific syntax of certain plugins and eliminates the likelihood of mistakes often made when typing the command manually.
The command is automatically constructed from the selected fields and values defined from the drop-down lists consisting of all available options.
Pre-filtering of fetched data is supported in the Visual Editor
Data pre-filtering can be configured from the QlikView Query Builder pop-up screen (Visual Editor).
External reports can be created by the means of fetching an image directly from QlikView.
QlikView reports can be either embedded directly into the Viewer as Live Visualizations or can serve as links to a specified external web pages.
- Remote data collector
- Other requirements for establishing connection with QlikView server are listed in this article