Establish Connectivity to SAP BusinessObjects
Metric Insights uses a plug-in Data Source to connect to Business Objects (BOBJ). This allows data from an existing Business Objects report to be used to build an element using Metric Insights tools. In order to prepare the connection, you must first create the Data Source using the process described below.
Your Metric Insights instance must be configured to support Business Objects:
- Must enable Business Objects Rest API. It is typically enabled
- The default port for Business Objects Rest API is 6405. Must open port 6400 and 6405 access to Business Objects server from Metric Insights server
- Make sure Web Application Container Server is installed properly
1. Access Data Sources from Admin menu
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "SAP BusinessObjects" from the drop-down
3. Authenticate and Test
Specify how to connect to Adaptive Planning. The parameters include:
- Data Source Name: Provide a unique name for your this connection
- CMS: the host hame of the Business Objects server. (e.g., bobj.mycompany.com)
- Auth.type: define the authentication type used. One of: secEnterprise, secLDAP, secWinAD
- Username / Password: Note that your Username must be in the same format that your SAP BusinessObjects server uses for authentication
- Save your entries and Test Connection
3.1. If connection fails, test that BOBJ is setup correctly
1. Enter the data below on the Command line to verify that Port 6405 is set as default for BOBJ:
If you receive this result, the Port is correct. Verify your settings for existing error
2. If you receive 'This site can't be reached' message, the Port is set incorrectly and you will need to contact your BOBJ Admin person and give them this information
4. Advanced Configuration
- External Reports fetch method: This setting influences options available in the SAP Business Objects Report List tab:
- automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users