Establish Connectivity to SAP BusinessObjects
This article describes how to connect to BusinessObjects (BOBJ) in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
Your Metric Insights instance must be configured to support BusinessObjects:
- BusinessObjects Rest API must be enabled (default port is 6405)
- 6400 and 6405 ports must be open for access to the BOBJ server from the MI server
- Web Application Container Server must be installed properly
1. Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen, click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select the Type of the New Data Source
- Select "Other" and choose "SAP BusinessObjects" from the drop-down list
- Move to the Next step
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name: is default but you may modify it
- Auth.type: define the authentication type used (e.g., secEnterprise, secLDAP, secWinAD)
- CMS: provide the host hame of the BusinessObjects server (include the HTTP/HTTPS scheme as shown above)
- Username/Password: note that your Username must be in the same format that your SAP BusinessObjects server uses for authentication
- Save your entries and Test Connection
3.1. If Connection Fails, Test that BOBJ Is Set Up Correctly
1. Enter the data below in the Command line to verify that Port 6405 is set as default for BOBJ:
If you receive the result as shown in the image, the Port is correct. Verify your settings for existing errors.
2. If you receive "This site can't be reached" message, the Port is set incorrectly. Contact your BOBJ admin to resolve the issue.
4. Optional Parameters
You can edit any values in the Optional SAP BusinessObjects Parameters grid by clicking the gear icon in the corresponding row:
Specify the Folder ID to limit the number of Objects that will be fetched to Metric Insights
|2||Type of objects||Specify the type of objects to be retrieved (DASHBOARD, REPORT, DATASET, TILE, TABLE, LUMIRA, ANALYSIS_WORKBOOK, CRYSTAL_REPORT)
|3||Port||Input the Port number if your server uses a port other than the default BusinessObjects REST API port (6405)|
4.1. How to Find a Folder ID in SAP Business Objects?
In SAP BusinessObjects UI:
- Open the Documents tab
- Right-click the selected Folder > choose Properties
- On the General Properties pop-up window, find and copy the Folder ID
5. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector]
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the drop-down, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Google Play Console plugin
6. Other Settings
- You can Datasets directly from the respective tab
- Click Permissions to assign Permissions to Groups or Power Users