Establish Connectivity to Tibco Spotfire
Follow the steps below to create a new Plugin Data Source that is required to allow Elements to fetch data and images from Tibco Spotfire objects.
For details, refer to Prerequisites for connecting to Tibco Spotfire
- Data can be fetched from Spotfire Table objects only (no graphs)
- Image collection is available for Table, Graph and Chart objects
- Visual Editor for constructing queries without knowledge of specific commands
- A full object hierarchy is supported
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Tibco Spotfire" from the drop-down list
- Select "Other" and choose "Tibco Spotfire" from the drop-down list.
Move to the Next step.
3. Provide the Required Tibco Spotfire Parameters
- Data Source Name: set a name for the data source
- Tibco Spotfire Server: define the server protocol (http or https) and a hostname
- Username: note that your Username must be in the same format that your Tibco Spotfire server uses for authentication
- Password: provide your password credential
Proceed to configuring Advanced Settings.
4. Advanced Configuration
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Tibco Spotfire plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Tibco Spotfire Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
- Multiple dimension values delimiter: optionally, specify the Delimiter for Multiple Dimension Values (Configuring this parameter allows to support fetching aggregate data for several Tibco Spotfire Filter Values)
- New Remote Collector: make sure you add a Remote Collector, otherwise the plugin connection will fail
- Test Connection (this will also Save your data)
5. Other settings
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from their respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign permission to the Data Source to Groups or Power Users