Establish Connectivity to Uptimerobot
This article describes how to connect to Uptime Robot in order to use their reports as Data Sources in Metric Insights.
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plug-ins can be found here.
1. Add New Data Source
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Uptime Robot" from the drop-down list
Move to the Next step.
3. Authenticate and Test
- Enter API token. For more details refer to Uptime Robot help doc.
- External Reports fetch method: This setting influences options available in the Microstrategy Reports List tab:
- automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
Save your entries.
4. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users