How to collect data from Salesforce
This article will show you how to create a Metric or Report using a Salesforce report as a data source. It assumes that you have already established connectivity to your Salesforce server.
1. Access New > Metric
Provide the basic information required for creating a new metric:
- Specify this Metric's Measure. If you do not see the measure that you want to use, scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down list and create a new one by clicking Add New Measure
- Select the Measurement Interval that applies to your element
- Give the element a unique Name
- Optionally, assign a Category
- Click Next: define details to proceed with data collection
2. Full Editor displays the Data Collection tab
- Select the Salesforce plug-in serving as a Data Source for this Metric
- Set the Data Collection Trigger which is going to initiate updating information in a Metric
- Choose a Salesforce Report that should serve as a basis for this Metric
- Construct a Plugin command that should list the data you would like to include into the Metric (manually of via the Visual Editor). Please note that Metrics represent a time series data, so one of the columns should contain dates.
- Validate your Plug-in Command. If your statement is valid, the statement box is green; if there are any errors, the box is colored in red and errors will be explained in the field below.
- Collect Data and Enable and Publish