[Global Alert Rules] How do they work for Metrics?
Global Alerting is one of the key features of Metric Insight since they can be applied to an entire set of metrics.
Can be created and modified by: Admin User only but are available for use by all Users.
Create new Global Alert Rule
Access New > Alert rule > Global Alert
Global Alert Rule Wizard
1. Global Alert Types
- Fixed Value: This will compare the latest measurement value to a specific threshold that you set
- Prior Value: Compare the latest measurement value to a prior value for the same metric (e.g. value from same time last year)
- Average of prior values: Compare the latest measurement value to the average of values recorded recently
- Recent Volatility Levels: Compare the latest measurement value to the standard deviations of the average of values recorded recently
- Stoplight: By applying this type of alert Rule to a Metric, you activate its Stoplight View. Refer to: Define a Metric's Stoplight
- Unusual / Best / Worst Value: The Unusual value is determined by setting of Statistical View (# of standard Deviations) in Metric Editor > Charting tab and do not require defining criteria to the Alert Rule itself.
2. Alert Criteria
This step is going to have different set of Alert criteria options depending on the Alert Rule Type selected in Step 1 (see above).
Unusual / Best / Worst Value Alert rules do not require defining criteria.